Please allow me to read to you seven verses from Paul’s letter to the Rosythians:
- Dear friends, observe for yourselves that uniformity does not exist in nature, but only in the minds of men and women.
- Recognise that God loves diversity, for diversity is the key to survival in all that is alive. Therefore celebrate your differences.
- Reflect on your different ways and see how they can bring strength to all who are living in his service.
- Waste no time on things which may bring you negativity, but build upon the same foundations of the many good things that prevail amongst us.
- Be confident that, in God’s sight, your individuality makes a good servant but is a poor master.
- Therefore put your ways to good effect and be united only in Christ and in your faith in his teaching, that you may prosper according to God’s holy will.
- And may the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God, be with your spirit, my brothers and sisters.
This is how Mary Kidd finished her sermon on 25 January 2023, within the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity. You can read the whole sermon at this link.