As described in Kenny’s letter of 18 September, our worship together in these COVID-19 days has had to be adapted to comply with the required guidelines. The main things you need to know are:
- In advance: There is a strict limit to the numbers that can be accommodated safely in our building, and it would be helpful to know that you intend to come, so that we are able to accommodate as many as possible – email Sandra at email@example.com.
- When you arrive: The only entrance to the building is by the door in the car park, and you should follow the one-way system as directed.
- Face coverings must be worn when in the building, and should only be removed when receiving communion.
- Physical distancing must be maintained when in the building and throughout the service. To make this easier, a sidesperson will guide you as to where you should sit.
- Guidance as to the use of hand sanitisers must be observed.
- At the end of the service you will be guided when to leave in order that physical distancing can be maintained.
- To comply with ‘Track and Trace’ requirements, personal details will be requested at all services.
We will be meeting in unusual circumstances – while music will be played there can be no congregational singing; the Peace cannot be shared; you will receive Communion in one kind only (the bread) – but every effort will be made to make it as prayerful and enjoyable an experience as we can.
Realising that all this is difficult to visualise, you might find it helpful to watch this video produced by the Province, which gives a flavour of what to expect when you next come to St Margaret’s.